1. Have a reliable email and check it often.
2 Get a Twitter, Facebook, ASAP. Once you have these it is super easy to get some extra entries
3. There are some blogs that require email in each comment, you can always include your email in every comment, not just the first one. While some giveaway hosts may hunt for your email some will not and move along to the next winner. If that's their requirement #4 makes having your email in each comment much easier.
4. Have your text program open with some of your entries ready for cut and paste. This does not work for first entries as those are unique but will help with the extra entries.
I am a blog follower!
I follow on twitter!
I am your fan!
First and last initial
5. If you are using Mozilla, get the Add-This add on and it will make linking those giveaways to social networking sites a one click operation. If you are already signed in on Mozilla, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4076/ . There is more then one available. The link is to one I use and love!
6. Make clear thoughtful mandatory comments. Most giveaway hosts will delete and or ban you for the “I want to win” and “Pick me” comments.
7. Use Google Blog Search to find giveaways for specific items.
8. Enter multiple giveaways on the same blog. Many blogs give extra entries for entering other giveaway of theirs. But as always check the rules.
9. If you do not win, try and try again! Cant win if you don’t play.
10. Check the end date!! This is important and a waste of time if it has expired.