Wednesday, January 5, 2011

{Sites We Love - Daily Mile}

I used to be fairly active and in shape -- then I had kids.   I have decided to do something for myself and try to get back into shape (Yep, I crossed out "try to" -- I will get the hang of this positive thinking thing!) So, I have been jogging.  It’s been going pretty well so far. I found a really neat free website called Daily Mile that I have been using to track my miles.  We have posted about Daily Mile before, but this seemed like a great time to mention it again when a lot of us are trying to stick to New Years Resolutions.

You can use it to track walking, jogging, bicycling, swimming, cross training, and to record weight training and yoga workouts. You can look at your workouts by day, week, or month. And it has a thing that shows you your total miles and breaks that down into pounds burned and even number of donuts burned (love that one, but they don‘t say if it‘s a regular donut or a crème-filled Krispy Kreme doughnut.).  You can also put a little widget on your blog so your friends can help keep you motivated. And it has a cool “social” feature where you friend people and then can comment on workouts and offer encouragement to each other.

I really like being about to track my miles and see my progress. (or sometimes seeing my lack of progress can motivate me.) So if you are looking for a fun way to track your workouts, check out daily mile. I will be continuing to log my workouts there and when I get to 100 miles, I’m getting myself a new pair of running shoes and my husband is taking me out to dinner to celebrate!

If you use or are thinking about using daily mile or another workout tracking program, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear your thoughts on it.





I hope you enjoyed this post! Never miss a post-Subscribe by Reader or Email!
Smart and Trendy Moms finds products, ideas, projects, recipes, and other information that we have personally found helpful or interesting.  As always, it is up to you to determine what is appropriate for you, your children, and your situation.  See our Disclosure

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! I tried replying to your Tweet about being on Twitter. I started following you on there today, but I also follow your page & link up on Fridays. Hope you'll stop by and follow me back!

http://twitter.com/frugalinvite

Unknown said...

I love Daily Mile! A friend introduced me to it when I started jogging a few months ago.

Jen

Mommy Sarah said...

oh how neat! Looking into this!