Friday, January 15, 2010

POM Wonderful - Pomegranate Juice Review


POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice - The Cute Bottle
I was recently sent a sample of POM wonderful 100% pomegranate juice. Now, I do have to say that I didn’t really love the taste of this juice by itself. It’s not terrible; it just isn’t something I would drink regularly. It’s tart, but has a bit of a sweet taste to it as well. I would compare it to cranberry juice or grapefruit juice with the strong tart taste. Those of you who follow Smart and Trendy Moms probably know that we have a policy of only publishing reviews of things that we love. (We want to help you discover great new things, not trash things or companies that we don’t like.)  Do I love the taste of this juice by itself? No, not really. So, now you are probably wondering why you are seeing this review. Well, keep reading to find out.

There are several things about the pomegranate juice that I do love. First, I love the health benefits. POM wonderful juice is 100% pure pomegranate juice. And pomegranate juice contains high levels of antioxidants, higher even than red wine or green tea. Antioxidants can help to guard the body against many diseases.

We also did love the juice mixed with other things. When we mixed the juice with a little bit of Sprite, even the kids loved it and are asking for more. They are even making sure that all of their friends try it. Sure, they get a little bit of sugar that way, but they are also getting the benefits of the pomegranate juice too. I also have to mention the cute bottles. My daughter is reusing these as water bottles in her lunch box.

The pomegranate juice recipes that they have on the POM wonderful website are great too. So far we have made several of them. The POM Granita is great. We also tried the POM velvet cupcakes with POM Cream Cheese Frosting, very yummy! And there are other recipes I'd like to try – POM Gelato and of course I'll have to try the POM cheesecake. (And yes, they do have recipes other than desserts, but I happen to love cooking – and eating – desserts).

POM Wonderful - GranitaPOM Wonderful - Velvet Cupcake
These are pictures from the recipes that we tried - the POM Granita and the POM Velvet Cupcakes.  Unfortunately, these aren't my picutres; they are from the recipe site.  My stuff never looks that cute - tastes good though.

If you try (or have already tried) any of the POM recipes or their pomegranate juice, we’d love to hear what you think.






Smart and Trendy Moms finds products, ideas, projects, recipies, and other information that we have personally found helpful or interesting.  As always, it is up to you to determine what is appropriate for you, your children, and your situation.  See our Disclaimer

2 comments:

Linda B said...

I don't really like the taste either. Glad I'm not alone.

Joe. said...

I've tried this before, and while it may be super good for my body .. I almost vomited. Not just - didn't like the taste, I almost lost whatever I'd already had. The thing is, I want to like it. I want it to do healthy things for me (antioxidants) I will keep drinking it though, I just have to mix it.
I'm here from Friday Follow (although I was alread following you) ;)
Thanks, Joe www.twentytolifeblog.blogspot.com