Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pig Pancakes

Breakfast Fun - Ideas for Moms
I'm always looking for ways to make food fun for the kids.  I saw this idea on the Betty Crocker website and had to try it.

You make one large pancake and two smaller pancakes.  The large pancake is the head.  One of the smaller pancakes becomes the nose. You cut the other small one in
  half and tuck the halves under the large one to make the ears.

I used the top of a wooden spoon to poke holes for the nostrils.  The Betty Crocker site suggests blueberries, chocolate chips or raisins for the eyes.  We didn't have any of those (It was the day before shopping day, what can I say.) So the kids decided to use a few Smarties candies for the eyes.

The kids thought they were cute and cleaned their plates.  Simple, cute, fun!

If your kids are reading Olivia, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, or Charlotte's Web these pancakes would go very nicely.


5 comments:

Susan Fobes said...

These do look like fun.

Nicole Feliciano said...

Fun idea. I hope you'll link this post up to my Friday linky. It's a spot to list a recipe or food post and get inspired by other moms.

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/search/label/friday%20feasts

Becca said...

Those are the cutest things!

Anonymous said...

how cute!!! making them tomorrow with my girls! thanks for the idea..

Cloud said...

These are adorable! As soon as I get pancake mix, I'm so making these.