Tuesday, December 7, 2010

{Snowman Detectives} - Holiday Craft Project

I put together this fun snowman project to do with my daughter's class in second grade and the kids had a great time!  We called it the Snowman Detectives. Here's how it works (all printables are included below):

The kids start with the sheet of questions and they answer them about themselves. Then they use the answers to their questions to create a snowman. For example, the question page asks "Have you ever shoveled snow off the walkway?" If you answer Yes, you use the tophat, if you answer No, you put the winter hat on your snowman. You continue through all of the questions using your answers to build you secret code into your snowman. Then, when you are finished, someone else looks at your snowman and uses the Decode Page to see how you answered the questions. For example, they see your snowman is wearing a top hat so they know that you have shoveled snow off a a walkway.
This can be a fun winter project for older kids and younger kids can play too either with parent help or they can just use the printable pieces to color and build a cute snowman without a building in a code.

Here are the Printables:

 Questions to Answer
 
         
Happy Holidays!  Please leave me a comment and let me know how this one works for you.


I hope you enjoyed this post! Never miss a post-Subscribe by Reader or Email!
Smart and Trendy Moms finds products, ideas, projects, recipes, and other information that we have personally found helpful or interesting.  As always, it is up to you to determine what is appropriate for you, your children, and your situation.  See our Disclosure



2 comments:

~Dawn~ said...

I love this. I printed them off and will play the game with my daughters tonight. They will be so excited. :)

Ella said...

How clever and fun! I am sure your craft was a big hit~ Decoding n' snowmen, sounds fun to me~