Saturday, January 23, 2010

Breakfast Butterfly - Go Ahead, Play with Your Food

Butterfly French Toast and Eggs - Ideas for Moms
I love having fun with food, especially at breakfast when my kids often need a little encouragement to wake up and start the day in a positive way.  My son and I made a french toast and scrambled egg butterfly, and he loved it. 

We cut the french toast into quarters for the wings, formed the body, head, and antennae out of scrambled eggs, and added ju-ju bees for eyes.  I think chocolate chips would be cute for eyes, but my son wanted ju-ju bees.  Simple and fun and he had a smile on his face while he cleaned his plate. 



Smart and Trendy Moms finds products, ideas, projects, recipes, and other information that we have personally found helpful or interesting.  As always, it is up to you to determine what is appropriate for you, your children, and your situation.  See our Disclaimer

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really cute! Here on Friday Follow! Have a wonderful day!

Faith on Fire
Lollypops and Lizards

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Thanks sweetie for joining this week and posting. Sorry I have been around. I'm having computer issues and switching over to Wordpress so my blog is down. I'll be back soon though.

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

Sheila said...

Stopping by from Friday follow- http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com/

Mom's Best Bets said...

Thanks Jennette and Kelly for joining in at Mom's Best Bet Mondays! Your link was featured here:
http://momsbestbets.blogspot.com/2010/01/moms-best-bet-mondays_31.html